Monday, March 3, 2014

Super-ficial!

I've been going around the last two weeks getting everything all set up here in Japan and let me tell you - there's a lot to set up! 

Luckily for me, I have a wonderful missionary next door to me who speaks perfect Japanese and who has taken this fledgeling missionary under her wing.  We've been to the Kita-ku ward office to register my residence card, to the stationary shop to order and pick up my hanko (a carved stamp with my name in Japanese that serves as my unique signature on legal documents), to the post office to set up an account (the post office here serves also as a community bank for savings), and to the phone store to get a cell phone.

I have so many official documents in my possession right now, there's no doubt that I'm legal!  In fact, I have so many official things, you could say I'm SUPERFICIAL!  Haha! 

Our last stop on our official tour was to the bike shop to pick out my brand new mint green cycling machine! 


The fantastic youth at Calvary Church in my hometown raised funds for STL as well as this bike!  Now I get to pedal my way around Tokyo in style!

Besides my awesome bike, I also get to travel to Chiba and teach English at a church there.  Last Thursday, I went to meet them and we had a great time!  I'm looking forward to the relationships to be built there and the fun times!  Here are some of the junior high and high school students who come to the church after school.


My other adventures include successful grocery shopping, making it to several destinations on the train *without* getting lost, and hanging out with my friend Christina from SEU in Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Harajuku!  Check out my facebook for pictures of that adventure!

I'm off to get ready for the Japan Assemblies of God Bible School graduation ceremony.  As this is the end of their school year (the new one starts in April), the graduates are getting ready to be put into full-time positions.  I'm glad I get to witness their transition from student to pastor!  

One day at a time, 

Amanda